View Full Version : Dryer Basket Repair - Help needed
05-19-2002, 11:36 AM
Some jerk left something in their pockets that ripped out a 1" by 2" section of the perforated metal basket in an ADC-236. Is there some easy way to patch this hole? Can you get a section of metal and somehow glue it in place? Any ideas welcomed!
You can use Liquid Nails to cement a new piece of perforated metal in the whole. I suggest you clean the edges of the whole, filing them until they are straight and square edged. Put another piece of metal, you can use a thick (.30 to .60 inches) piece of galvanized steel that you drill holes in, in the hole and use the Liquid Nails as a filler cement along all edges. Make sure you really coat all edges of both the basket and the piece you insert. After the nails drys you can than sand it smooth. Be careul to not let the nails drip on the back of the drum. You don't want any sniglets hanging off the back. If you do get the Liquid Nails too think on the back, you can sand that too if you rotate the basket to a point where you can reach the back, such as at the bottom of the rotation (for a single basket unit). Just reach up from inside the lint collection compartment.
You can use Liquid Nails to seal up and slots that have been cut into the shroud that surrounds the basket. I get these from sheet rock screws that stick through the basket and just keep hitting the shroud in the same place. Since the shoud is made of mild steel, it doesn't take much for a slot to be cut into it.
Hope this works for you. Let me know how you make out. Bill
06-02-2002, 12:10 AM
Contact Bee-Smart e-Z way, Mr. Bob Bowley. He advertises a basket patch that is supposed to be really good. The number is 1-856-728-7225.
06-02-2002, 12:20 AM
Well what I did was to take a thin piece of aluminum and drill holes in it that were the same size as the basket perforation. I used a piece that was about 2" by 4". I then got a tube of a 3M product (looks like a tube of caulking) that was an aluminum glue that says it is good to 400 deg F and glued the aluminum into the basket. Its been a few weeks and it seems to be holding quite well.