PDA

View Full Version : Coil problems with ADC Dryers?

ThePoetSuede
02-11-2004, 03:11 AM
I have settled on using ADC dryers for my start up Mat. All roads seem to lead back to ADC as a reliable dryer.
BUT, I just heard they have a "COIL ROTTING/RUSTING" problem. Does this make sense to anyone. Comments appreciated. <font color="blue"> </font color>

Laundry_Mike
02-11-2004, 12:19 PM
By coil, are you referring to the motor contactor relays, or the gas valve. I have 8 year old ADC's, and have just replaced my first motor contactor last week, and have had no more than 2 problems with gas valves. There isn't a hint of rust or rot anywhere on those dryers. Don't know where that information came from. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

ThePoetSuede
02-11-2004, 04:17 PM
Long story short, I am set on ADC dryers but when I went to see a Huebsh washer distributor he of course tried to downplay my ADC choice. He mentioned the coil problem with the ADC. I am no where near a mechanic so I figure I pose the question.

Howard
02-11-2004, 07:13 PM
Talk to owners that have ADC, not a competitor's distributor if you want to hear the truth about a product. Do you really think a distributor of brand "A" is going to tell you that the best product is brand "B". That said, you won't go wrong with ADC.

yankee
02-12-2004, 02:53 PM
ADC DRYERS
WASCOMAT WASHER
BEST IN LAUNDRY WORLD