CLA Connect is open to Coin Laundry Association members and non-members and is a place for laundry professionals to ask questions and share their expertise. We'll leave the PlanetLaundry Bulletin Board in place so that past conversations can be accessed through the threads below.
I am renovating my laundromat. I just installed 18 new SQ washers and a couple of dryers. I also had new floor tile installed and will be putting in air conditioning. I would like to look into a computerized point of sale systm for my WDF. I looked at one system at a show but it cost $8K and I was hoping to find something a little less expensive. I wanted to see if anyone here could let me know what they are using or a system that they know of which works well with WDF. I would like to have a touch screen to make things simpler.
I have been using www.smart4me.com for about 5 years. It's not perfect, and I can't say that I've investigated all the others. Here is what it does have which I really like
1. It integrates the credit cards into the pos. This has two really cool benefits: a. simpler for staff to use, and, more importantly, b. it reduces the potential for theft (attendant tells you a sale is credit card, but was really cash; you then have to balance that day's credit cards reported sales to actual credit card deposit to catch it.
2. It allows me to track which attendant washed which load of clothes. I pay an incentive pay, and this makes it soooo much simpler.
3. It lets you know which attendant took in the clothes, washed the clothes, and gave out the clothes. If something comes up damanged or missing, then you have a good trail.
4. You have a working inventory of orders on the shelf. You can balance and find out if stuff it missing (meaning the clothes are gone, but the money is not in the register).
5. It has ability to customize the display for markin, so you can add icons for WDF, WDF-Bedding, etc.
6. It obviously has the normal benefits of a pos (computerized money tracking, professional image, ability to track customer activity or in-activity, etc.)
Please let me know if you have any questions. paul