By PlanetLaundry staff | Dec 07, 2010
The Coin Laundry Association, publisher of The Journal, has announced a re-branding of its monthly magazine. Beginning with the January 2011 issue, the publication will be named PlanetLaundry, which is an expansion of the PlanetLaundry.com brand.
“A knowledgeable and engaged reader is the essence of both the magazine and website,” said Brian Wallace, CLA president and CEO. “It’s only natural that these mediums are closely aligned to enhance industry reporting, share core competencies and facilitate user interaction. Re-branding The Journal as PlanetLaundry provides this opportunity.”
Readers can look forward to new features and expanded coverage of top issues facing today’s laundry owner. The new editorial content includes:
• Owner’s Manual: Equipment trouble-shooting and nuts-and-bolts preventative maintenance tips.
• The Efficient Operator: This column covers utilities, recycling, alternative energy sources and green technology.
• Advertising & Marketing: Case studies and how-to articles for driving traffic to stores.
• Laundry 101: A new investor’s column discussing finance, business plans, leasing, site selection and more.
• Your Store: Strategies for keeping existing stores fresh, modern and inviting, as well as operating at their optimum capacity.
• The Laundry Doctor: Jeff Gardner, a leading Minnesota laundry owner, shares ideas for generating more drop-off and commercial account clients.
Digital updates to PlanetLaundry.com will introduce podcasts of store profile interviews, laundry owner feedback and video tutorials.
“The synergies between traditional and online media are growing closer every day,” said Bob Nieman, editor of PlanetLaundry magazine and PlanetLaundry.com. “Readers will benefit with access to more in-depth content and online discussions.”